-=[-LrDp-]=- Index du Forum
-=[-LrDp-]=-
Forum officiel La Resurrection du Phoenix

-=[-LrDp-]=- Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: Ten years on: When Doncaster Rovers lived the dream against ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    -=[-LrDp-]=- Index du Forum -> La Résurrection du Phoenix -> Commerce externe
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
chanoudom
Membres [-LhdP-]

Féminin
Point(s): 9
Moyenne de points: 1,00

MessagePosté le: Sam 26 Mai - 08:02:57 (2018)    Sujet du message: Ten years on: When Doncaster Rovers lived the dream against Répondre en citant

Ten years on: When Doncaster Rovers lived the dream against Leeds United at Wembley

wwwpic5678 There were other promotions, including another to the Championship on an incredible day at Brentford (in 2013). But winning at Wembley against a club like Leeds, well that was what dreams are made of. Not only were the two clubs set to meet in the League One play-off final but Rovers would triumph by a one-goal margin.

When Ryan’s bold prediction duly appeared in these pages the following morning, there was much scoffing in some quarters. Come May 25, 2008, however, he had been proved right in the most glorious of fashions. “Through my life, I have had moments of inspiration and predicting to The Yorkshire Post a Donny-Leeds final and us winning was one of those,” says the former Doncaster chief about an afternoon when James Hayter netted the only goal of what, at that time, was the only all-Yorkshire play-off final.

“The only thing I got wrong, from memory, was the score. I said ‘2-1’. It was just a feeling I had. We were both going for automatic promotion at the time. “We might have got it but for an inspired goalkeeper at Cheltenham (on the final day, as Rovers blew second place by losing 2-1). But, in a way, I am glad we didn’t as that would have meant missing out on what was, to me, the crowning glory of my years with Doncaster Rovers. wwwpic5678

“There were other promotions, including another to the Championship on an incredible day at Brentford (in 2013). But winning at Wembley against a club like Leeds to go back to a level we had last been at 50 years earlier, well that was what dreams are made of.” Ryan’s dreams may have come true but, for Leeds, defeat under the Arch was a nightmare end to what had been, up to that point, a remarkable campaign.

Having kicked off in August well adrift of their 23 peers courtesy of a 15-point deduction for failing to follow the Football League’s insolvency policy when exiting administration, United wiped out the deficit inside five games. By the final Saturday in October, Dennis Wise’s side were in the play-off places. Wise’s exit early in 2008, coming on the back of influential assistant Gus Poyet having earlier left for Tottenham Hotspur, disrupted Leeds but, still, the club claimed fifth place. wwwpic5678

ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 26 Mai - 08:02:57 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
chanoudom
Membres [-LhdP-]

Féminin
Point(s): 9
Moyenne de points: 1,00

MessagePosté le: Mer 20 Juin - 04:56:24 (2018)    Sujet du message: Poland 1-2 Senegal: M'Baye Niang and Thiago Cionek's own goa Répondre en citant

Poland 1-2 Senegal: M'Baye Niang and Thiago Cionek's own goal hands Senegal victory

3mbet Senegal claimed their first World Cup win since 2002 with a shock 2-1 victory over Poland in Group H.In a tightly-fought contest, Thiago Cionek's unfortunate own goal (37) handed Senegal the lead before their advantage was doubled through M'Baye Niang (60), who capitalised on a poor backpass from Grzegorz Krychowiak to score his first international goal after running on from the sideline having received treatment.

Krychowiak pulled a goal back for Poland with a powerful header four minutes from time, but Senegal held on for victory.Senegal started the stronger team with Aliou Cisse's men keen to break down the wings at any given opportunity. Their first chance landed to former Watford forward Niang, whose attempted squared ball towards the far post skidded narrowly wide before, at the other end, Piotr Zielinski directed his bullet header over the bar.

3mbet In the 37th minute, Senegal broke the deadlock as Idrissa Gueye's strike from the edge of the box took a heavy deflection off Cionek, sending goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny the wrong way.A corner from Niang then reached Salif Sane, but he smashed his free header into the ground and over the bar.Poland responded brightly in the second half as Robert Lewandowski tested Khadim N'Diaye in the 52nd minute, but the Senegal goalkeeper did well to parry his effort away.

Though Adam Nawałka's side were growing into the game, Senegal scored on the hour mark following a dreadful error from Krychowiak. The PSG midfielder's bizarre hoof back to Szczesny was intercepted by the onrushing Niang, allowing for a simple tap-in.Arkadiusz Milik hit a first-time effort wide from close range in the 70th minute and four minutes from time, Poland pulled a goal back through Krychowiak as he rose highest to meet Kamil Grosicki's free-kick and power in his header.Senegal were able to hold on in the final few minutes, despite some late Poland pressure, to get their World Cup campaign off to a dream start. 3mbet

ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 16:34:44 (2018)    Sujet du message: Ten years on: When Doncaster Rovers lived the dream against

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    -=[-LrDp-]=- Index du Forum -> La Résurrection du Phoenix -> Commerce externe Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
WorkStation[fusion] © theme by larme d'ange 2006